Saturday, February 12, 2011

We are Melting!!

This morning was absolutely beautiful!!  Bright clear skies.  The temperatures are in the 50's this afternoon.  The melting snow is forming little rivers everywhere.  Now for the mud...but I'm not going to complain.  Maybe close to 70 Thursday afternoon.  This sure is a far cry from Thursday morning when my car thermometer went down to -19 in several of the low valleys and creek bottoms I drive through.


The roads are slushy and muddy now!!  My Hummer has never been this dirty for this long before.
With all the slush and mud it's likely to stay this way for a while......................


2 comments:

  1. It's 39 degrees today ~ cloudy but really nice day~! I went outside and scaped the ice from the floor inside my garage. It had fallen off the car. What a mess, but it's much better now.
    Fed my wildbirds and scared the resident eagle out of its hiding place... I know he is hungry too but he has had enough of my morning doves this winter.
    So glad you are having a thaw in Missouri..We sure have had our limit of frigid cold temp's this winter and snow. I love winter and the snow but Will be glad in a month when we will finally see spring trying to come...
    Have a tiggeriffic day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are hanging in there. This winter has been so crazy. I was really planning on another mild winter... that didn't work out well at all. It is amazing how the wild life gets through the winter. The birds at my feeder scatter at the slightest sound. We too have Eagles... I saw a young one coming home from the feed store today. They are truly amazing birds..and they do serve a purpose.. I just don't like it..

    ReplyDelete